Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thrift store junkie

I've spent so much money the last few months on clothes that I am punishing myself. So...because i'm so into vintage inspired pieces, I've decided that I am ONLY shopping at the thrift stores for clothes now until I can fully save to buy a new car. Let me tell you, shopping at a thrift store is definitely not easy. It takes a lot of time and patience to go through each individual rack. Sometimes I have to go through half the damn store before I find something that can possibly be a purchase. However, today was a good day. I came home with five items and spent under 10 bucks. I think this saving plan might work out after all.


Tank- $3.00, Tunic- $1.00, Leopard flats- $3.00, Black knee-high stockings- $1.00


Wearing my new tunic and knee high stocking...


I've been wanting to purchase some basic high pumps. Finally found something that I absolutely adore. Skirt-Free people, accessories- thrift store, Bag- Forever21

9 comments:

  1. Exactly the same dilema as you. Spent quite a bit of my saved money during the colder seasons that, when it came to the warmer seasons, had barely anything. It's alright though for thrifting, since everything is so cheap! But like you said, it's tough going through so many racks to find that perfect something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man my car just started shaking today...
    eh on the same boat as you.
    except im jobless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute Elrica. Where did you go shop at to get all these great deals? I'm tired of going to same stores in Uptown; I need some new stores to shop at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the salvation army thrift shop by our school. We can go together next time. Target sends all their samples there. If i don't go to that one, there is one by my house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gee, I wouldn't have known. lol. I haven't gone there yet. May & I were planning to thrift together and go check out SA. but she is working this whole weekend, and i'm off. I think i'll be hitting there this Sat. But yahhh, for sure, one of these days, we'll go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look cute - I wish I could be so disciplined,actually.. if I subscribed to that I would probably stop spending money, I am the most terrible vintage shopper, I have no idea what to look for!!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this outfit. Beautiful skirt and shoes.xx

    http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice finds. i love thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it El! Which thrift store did you go to?

    ReplyDelete